1.25.2010

Avatar...


...really surprised me!

When I first heard about it being made I got really excited and put it on my future must-see list. Then it came out, and all I heard was "The effects are great, and 3d is really cool, but the story kind of sucks". So my great expectations flew out the window and it took me a really long time to drag myself to the cinema to watch it. Then I figured, I at least had to experience the 3d.

Then, after getting used to the 3d effect, and the Japanese subtitles, I really got into Avatar! I don't care if the story is predictable, I like knowing what to expect every now and then, and it doesn't make the movie any less awesome! I think I might have to watch it again! I want an avatar! =) I also really liked the many "sea creatures" in the forest (polychaetes, jellyfish etc), made me miss diving!

There is one scene in that movie though, that had me in tears (and now just thinking about it too). The scene when Sully tries out the avatar for the first time. That joy is absolutely heartbreaking when you know it's not real...

Anyway, if you haven't seen it yet, head over to the cinema for a few hours of escapism into a beautiful world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers