2.15.2010

Valentine's day...

...was spent in Okaya at a culture festival. I had been bullied into modelling the Swedish outfit in a cultural fashion show.

We went on last, before us there were bands playing, people doing capoeira, a guy playing some weird Chinese instrument and even a group of ladies doing the hula (which I love by the way, it looks so cool!). I think there were 10 countries represented in the fashion show, out of those 10, 7 were Asian. Then there was Australia, South Africa and Sweden. I got to go out last, after a bunch of very confident Philippinas who knew how to work the runway. Was a bit nervewracking, but lots of fun!

Afterwards, a bunch of us went out for coffee. Always nice to meet new people, there are some great people here from all over the world!

My Valentine's day loot included a box of dark chocolate as a thank you for participating (don't know who to give it to) and a pretty red flower from a nice Indian/South African man who thought I needed a flower more than he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers